Bedford International Film Fest | October 27, 2018 | Oklahoma City
Mission and Objective
The Bedford International Film Fest (BiFF) is an international short film competition welcoming creative filmmakers and screenwriters from around the world to compete. Videographers and script writers are encouraged to submit their ideas on multiple formats and can choose from any genre. Grand Prize winner will receive a prize package (generously donated) by Canon, Rode, Atomos and Manfrotto valued at over $5900.00.
The objective of the Bedford International Film Fest is to create a platform for creative minds to display their talents and be rewarded accordingly. There is NO ENTRY FEE and anyone can enter!* Anybody with an idea can be a great filmmaker.
About the Film Fest
The 2nd Annual Bedford International Film Fest Ceremony will be held on October 27th, 2018. At the ceremony, the 15 Final Short Films will be on display and the Grand Prize Winner will be chosen by a select set of judges. The Grand Prize will include a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV with a 24-105L lens, Rode VMP+ (our latest and greatest) microphone, SC8 extension, and Micro BoomPole Pro, an Atomos Ninja Blade, a Manfrotto MVK Tripod and Head. Total Retail Value of $5930.00.
Entry for BiFF is as inclusive as possible. If you have the idea, we have a way for you to share it. Those who plan to enter can use one of, or any combination of the following in order to pitch their short film idea to one of our illustrious judges: 1. Script 2. Storyboard 3. Video Interview
Bedford Camera and Video is the primary sponsor. Co-Sponsors include Canon, Rode Microphones, Atomos and Manfrotto. Questions, comments, or concerns can be emailed to Eric@bedfords.com
Bedford international Film Fest Rules
1. All Entries must be original submissions from the entrant.
2. All Entries must have a PG or G rating based on guidelines from the MPAA.
3. All scripts, screenplays, storyboards and video interviews must be in English.
4. Name on script or storyboard will not automatically disqualify the entrant, but is discouraged.
5. Bedford Camera and Video employees and relatives of employees are not permitted to enter.
6. The Final 15 entrants will be selected and notified no later than August 31st, 2018 11:59pm CST. Finalists will then be required to commit 96 hours to turn their idea (script) into a short film no shorter than 3 minutes and no longer than 3-4 minutes. Each of the fifteen finalists will be loaned a Canon 5D MkIV camera and lenses which they will sign a waiver of responsibility for, before receiving. Items will be shipped UPS (signature required) and must be returned via UPS within 96 hours of signing for said equipment. The deadline for the final submission is September 4th, 2018 11:59pm CST. Final submission must show “behind the scenes” footage and will be required to use prop that will be sent with loaner camera.
7. If the Grand Prize winning script and short film requires several people’s involvement, it is up to the entrants to disseminate the Grand Prizes. Bedford Camera will not assume any responsibility for prize dissemination.
8. Entries will be randomly assigned to one of 4 judges. Each judge will rate each entry by specific criteria including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Content –Script (StoryBoard) structure/Creativity/Coherence
- Technical Excellence – Visual Creativity/Soundtrack/Effects/Editing
- Emotional Resonance – Enjoyment of film/Meaningfulness/Emotional Attachment
9. Bedford Camera and Video reserves the right to change any and all rules as it sees fit.
10. Once an entry has been uploaded, Bedford Camera and Video along with its partners Canon, Rode, Atomos and Manfrotto have the right to use the entry as they deem necessary. The entry will most likely be used as promotional materials on any number of social media sites and/or corporate websites and will be on display at future Award Ceremonies sponsored by Bedford Camera and Video Inc.
There are no products listed under this category.