Join us for a Spooky Photography Meet Up on Thursday October 28, 2021, from 6:30pm – 8:30pm at Lake Willastein park in Maumelle.
This will be a fun night photographing models dressed in their Halloween costumes, as well as the perfect time for some beautiful fall foliage images over Lake Willastein.
Models: We are always looking for models to participate no matter what your experience level. We know you will have a great time working with some of Arkansas’ most talented photographers. We will also be having a Halloween Costume Contest, with a $50 Bedford Gift Card going to the most popular costume!
Photographers: This should be a fun one! Shooting models, but also a great time for some epic landscape shots.
Here are a few landscape photography tips:
- Maximize your depth of field. In landscape photography, a deep depth of field is almost always the way to go.
- Use a tripod. To maximize your depth of field, you’ll be using a small aperture – and you’ll also likely shoot with a long shutter speed.
- Look for a focal point. Pretty much every shot needs some sort of focal point, and landscape photography is no different.
- Think foregrounds. Think carefully about the foreground of your composition … When you do this, you give those viewing the shot a path into the image.
- Consider the sky. In landscape photography, you should always think about the sky. Most landscapes will either have a dominant foreground or a dominant sky.
- Use lines to lead the eye. “How am I leading the eye of those viewing this composition?” There are several ways to lead the eye
- Capture movement. When most people think about landscapes, they think of calm, serene, and passive environments.
- Work with the weather. A scene can change dramatically depending upon the weather, so choosing the right time to shoot is of major importance.
- Photograph during the golden hours
Where to Meet: We will be meeting at the amphitheater at Lake Willastein Park in Maumelle at 6:30PM. Feel free to arrive a little early for those sunset photo ops.
We look forward to seeing you there! Give us a call at Bedford Camera if you have any questions. 501-224-2020