Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Lens
- Calculated at Checkout
A popular zoom among sports, event, and portrait photographers, the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S from Nikon is an impressively versatile telephoto lens characterized by its bright f/2.8 design. The fast maximum aperture suits working in available lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects with selective focus. The optical design incorporates a series of ED, fluorite, and SR elements, which help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy. Additionally, ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats, as well as a Super Integrated Coating, have been applied to suppress flare, ghosting, and surface reflections for improved contrast and color fidelity
Obsession for details. Uncompromising Zoom.
The highly-desirable 70-200mm telephoto zoom has come to the Z series. Sports, concerts, weddings, wildlife, portraiture and so much more—all with the incredible low light performance of an f/2.8 made only better by the optically superior Z mount. Optical advancements including parfocal support for passionate cinematographers and videographers. Class-leading close focus ability. Superior aberration suppression. And the most comprehensive optical VR image stabilization in the history of NIKKOR interchangeable lenses. The NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S sets an impressive new standard for fast telephoto zoom lenses optimized for the next generation of Nikon's advanced mirrorless cameras.
NIKKOR quality at its absolute best.
At the top of the ever-expanding NIKKOR Z lens lineup, S-Line lenses push Nikon’s tradition of optical excellence and innovation to unprecedented new heights. Superior performance and resolution. Sophisticated features and operability. Specialized technologies and reliability enhancements. All while taking full advantage of the monumental Nikon Z mount and adhering to the strictest image quality and build standards.
Class-leading close focusing.
For greater framing versatility, the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S is capable of extremely short minimum focusing distances, allowing the lens' speed and performance enhancements to be realized in remarkably tight shooting scenarios. At 70mm, focus can be achieved as close as 0.5m from the subject, virtually unheard of in a telephoto zoom of this focal range.
The NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S captures astoundingly sharp images with captivating resolution and glorious clarity all the way to the edges of the frame. It's superior VR performance ensures exceptional sharpness when shooting handheld. And to combat color fringing while close focusing, an all-new multi-focusing system delivers fast, accurate autofocusing while drastically reducing aberrations.
For cinematographers who prefer to manually focus, the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S beautifully maintains sharp focus on a subject while zooming in or out. Parfocal lenses also virtually eliminate focus breathing for smooth focus transitions that don't change the apparent angle of view.
Powered by an ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM), autofocusing is fast, silent and incredibly accurate. Where camera noise can be distracting or problematic—street photography, wedding ceremonies, wildlife or on video productions—STM is a silent partner.
Superior color and sharpness
Ultimate aberration correction—virtually zero flare, ghosting, coma or chromatic, spherical and axial aberrations, even at the far edges of the frame. A new SR (Short-wavelength Refractive) glass element further combats chromatic aberrations caused by challenging short-wavelength light.
Short-Wavelength Refractive Lens
- SR is a high- and specialized-dispersion glass lens that refracts light with wavelengths shorter than that of blue. By controlling short-wavelength light, the lens is able to achieve highly precise chromatic aberration compensation so that the colors in your images are more accurately reproduced. It also allows for more flexible optical designs, which allows for compact, lighter lenses to be designed.
- An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon and used in conjunction with Nano Crystal Coat to further reduce ghost and flair effects caused by incident light entering the lens vertically. This allows for the outstandingly clear capture of images even when a light source is located within the frame.
Fluorite Lens Element
- Fluorite (FL), a lightweight mono-crystal optical material, has excellent optical properties while reducing overall lens weight to improve balance and handling, especially useful in longer focal length lenses.
- Photographers need gear that can withstand the elements. Nikon’s fluorine coat effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease or dirt, ensuring easy removal even when they adhere to the lens surface. Nikon’s fluorine coat endures a high frequency of lens surface wiping and its anti-reflective effect also contributes to the capture of clear images.
- NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This quiet drive system makes the lenses ideal for use when shooting video.
Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
- An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass
- An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
Nano Crystal Coat
- An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
- A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
Super Integrated Coating
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Shipping & Returns
Orders over $99.00 will receive free FedEx Ground shipping (typically 2-3 business day shipping) in the contiguous (lower- 48) United States. In stock orders placed after 1:00pm CST on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders submitted online before 1:00pm CST, Monday - Friday will be processed that same day. though, this does not guarantee that your order will ship that same day. Orders are subject to verification and sometimes require additional information from the cardholder. These precautions are made with the card holder's interests in mind. We will attempt to reach the cardholder for up to five (5) working days after the order has initially gone through our verification department. After the allowed time, and if we are not able to verify the credit cardholders information, we will cancel and refund the pending order. Orders placed after 1:00pm CST Fridays will not ship until the following Monday. The $99 order total is calculated after all rebates and bundle discounts have been applied. Gift cards, duties, and taxes do not count towards the $99 order total. Our free shipping is available for orders completed using our online cart only, items ordered in store or by phone (approved by Bedford Executive Team members only) will not qualify for free shipping.
Your satisfaction is our number one priority. purchases made online will be gladly refunded or exchanged within 14 days of purchase with the exception of special orders, opened computer software. For your peace of mind and protection, bulbs, paper, inks and film may not be returned. Returned products are required to be in brand-new condition and must include the original, undamaged manufacturer's packaging with all packaging materials, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, plastic bags and the blank warranty cards. also, please include the original receipt with the product. Any items not meeting these requirements will be subject to a minimum of a 15% restocking fee at our discretion. As a convenience to you, any eligible online purchase may be returned to any Bedford Camera & Video location but for credit for the transaction will be issued in the form of the original payment method. Shipping or freight charges are nonrefundable. We cannot overnight batteries shipped by themselves, no exceptions. This includes camera batteries, lithium-ion batteries, AAA or AA batteries of any kind.
See More Details
See More Details
Orders over $99.00 will receive free FedEx Ground shipping (typically 2-3 business day shipping) in the contiguous (lower- 48) United States. In stock orders placed after 1:00pm CST on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders submitted online before 1:00pm CST, Monday - Friday will be processed that same day. though, this does not guarantee that your order will ship that same day. Orders are subject to verification and sometimes require additional information from the cardholder. These precautions are made with the card holder's interests in mind. We will attempt to reach the cardholder for up to five (5) working days after the order has initially gone through our verification department. After the allowed time, and if we are not able to verify the credit cardholders information, we will cancel and refund the pending order. Orders placed after 1:00pm CST Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
The $99 order total is calculated after all rebates and bundle discounts have been applied. Gift cards, duties, and taxes do not count towards the $99 order total. Our free shipping is available for orders completed using our online cart only, items ordered in store or by phone (approved by Bedford Executive Team members only) will not qualify for free shipping.
Bedford Camera & Video is a Nikon Authorized dealer! All new products come with a full manufactures USA Limited warranty.
We do not sell Grey Market Products
What is Grey Market?
Products that are imported and sold by anyone other than USA Authorized dealers are considered Grey Market products. These are often genuine products that were intended for other countries; therefore, they may not meet the manufacturer's specifications for US products or perform as expected, and they are not covered by a USA manufacture warranty or eligible for a USA repair service.
What are the differences as far as a customer is concerned?
In most cases, the main difference between a "USA" and a "Grey Market," or imported product is the cost of the item and the terms of the item’s warranty coverage. The products themselves are otherwise identical. As a rule, "Grey Market" items typically cost less than their USA counterparts. "Grey market" products never qualify for manufacturer's rebate programs and can not be price matched. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-333-4280.
Prop 65 Warning: California ResidentsWARNING: Attention California Residents: This product may contain chemicals including but not limited to, lead and/or nickel, that can cause Cancer and other Reproductive Harm.For more information, please visit: www.p65warnings.ca.gov.