Nikon Z8 Mirrorless Camera Body
- Calculated at Checkout
- Top continuous shooting speeds of 20 fps when shooting in raw, 30 fps when shooting in JPEG, 60 fps when shooting 19MP JPEGs using a DX area, and an impressive 120 fps shooting rate when recording 11MP stills, with all rates supporting full AF/AE performance.
- Able to buffer over 1000 raw images in a burst, meaning raw image sequences can be recorded for approximately 50 seconds continuously. Also, during playback, you can skip to the first shot of a given burst to expedite the on-camera review process.
- Pre-Release Capture helps make decisive moment shots easier by recording frames in a burst for up a second prior to actually releasing the shutter. When this feature is activated, burst shooting will commence when the shutter is half-pressed and the buffer will retain up to a second's worth of frames prior to fully pressing the shutter.
- Electronic shutter affords a top shutter speed of 1/32,000 sec for working in the brightest conditions with wider apertures.
- Stacked sensor design reduces rolling shutter distortion so fast-moving subjects, like a golf club, tennis racket, or baseball bat, do not appear distorted when working with shutter speeds up to 1/32,000 sec.
- AF calculations are done at a 120 fps rate to keep up with fast continuous shooting speeds.
- High Efficiency RAW file format maintains image quality akin to uncompressed raw files but with file sizes approximately 30% smaller for faster reading/writing to the memory card.
- Stills can also be saved in the HEIF file format; a useful evolution from JPEG, this 10-bit format offers 1 billion more colors for greater realism and dynamic range when viewed on HLG-compatible displays while still retaining the small file size as a JPEG.
- Motion Blend Retouch feature can be used to produce an in-camera composite that depicts a series of subject movements within a single frame.
- Long Exposure display includes a live exposure timer on the rear LCD, along with the ability to dim the viewfinder to better preserve your night-adjusted vision.
By removing the mechanical shutter, the Z8 can also operate completely silently and there is no worry over mechanical shutter wear or breakdown. A shutter release sound can be added for awareness when a photo is being taken, and the volume can be adjusted to suit different working scenarios.
- Fine-tune hue and brightness while shooting for more precise control while shooting.
- Skin softening can be used on up to three subjects in a shot and slightly blurs the skin for a more pleasing texture while still retaining essential sharpness on eyes and hair.
- Manual white balance control is more intuitive when making adjustments and Auto WB has also been optimized for human subjects.
Eye-Detection AF, specifically, has been tuned for improved accuracy and refined recognition of eyes in the scene, regardless of how small or large they are within the image frame, and can also be used in conjunction with custom Wide-Area AF for different subject shapes and sizes.
Both 8K and 4K also support using the true 24p frame rate for a cinematic look and full-frame 4K recording is available, too, up to 120p for slow-motion playback. Using an 8K area, oversampled UHD 4K recording is possible at up to 60p for increased sharpness and detail. Also, high-resolution frame grabs can be recorded in camera from 8K and 4K videos, for producing 33MP or 11MP stills, respectively.
- N-RAW is Nikon's own raw recording format that offers impressively small file sizes compared to other raw formats as well as the ability to create MP4 proxies for more efficient previewing or transferring.
- N-RAW recording is available at up to 8.3K at 60p or 24p; 4.1K at up to 120p; 5.3K at up to 60p with a 1.5x crop; and 3.8K at 120p with a 2.3x crop.
- ProRes RAW recording is also available at up to 4.1K and 60p.
- Red REC frame indicator on EVF and LCD during recording to easily recognize when recording is being captured.
- Dedicated video info display indicates various recording settings, such as frame size, frame rate, audio settings, codec, bit depth, and HDMI output settings. Some of these settings will also be visible on the camera's top control panel.
- Focus peaking and zebra stripes are visual aids to help achieve sharp focus and accurate exposure.
- Waveform monitor for realtime exposure analysis.
- Fine ISO control in Manual mode for adjusting exposure in 1/6-stop increments.
- Fast AF-ON function can be assigned to Fn buttons; it is now possible to assign two different AF speeds to different buttons.
- Slow shutter speed video is supported, slower than 1/frame rate, for working in extreme low-light conditions or for creating intentionally blurred effects.
- Timecode linking is possible when working with an optional timecode generator.
- Complementing the video capabilities, the Z8 also supports 24-bit linear PCM sound recording and offers compatibility with external XLR microphones via the optional Tascam CA-XLR2d-AN digital adapter.
- Deemed the true successor to the D850 DSLR and the smaller follow-up to the flagship Z9, the Z8 hits a sweet spot in terms of size and performance. It is 30% smaller than the Z9 and 15% smaller than the D850.
- Compared to the Z9, with its built-in vertical grip, the Z8 takes on a more modular design, allowing you to keep it small for day-to-day shooting or pair it with the optional MB-N12 Power Battery Pack grip for improved ergonomics when shooting vertical and better battery life. Also, the smaller, lighter design makes the Z8 an ideal candidate for rigging or use on a gimbal for video use.
- Dual card slots—one CFexpress Type B slot and one UHS-II SD slot—allow for flexible file saving. The CFx slot is suitable for data-intensive applications, like 8K recording and high-speed burst shooting, while the SD slot retains compatibility with the popular storage format. Additionally, the CFx B slot is also compatible with XQD memory cards.
- Built using eco-friendly Seerebo carbon fiber and robust magnesium alloy, the Z8 manages to be both durable and lightweight, weighing just 2 lb.
- Premium weather sealing protects against dust and moisture for confident use in harsh climates.
- Compatible with EN-EL15c battery as well as other EN-EL15-series batteries.
- In-body Vibration Reduction now supports Synchro VR to achieve up to 6 stops of camera shake compensation when used with select Z lenses.
- Helping to cut down on dust reaching the sensor, the Z8 incorporates a sensor shield that protects the sensor surface when changing lenses. For additional dust prevention, there is also a dual electro-conductive and fluorine coating on the optical filter covering the sensor.
- Backlit buttons offer easier navigation and button recognition when working in low-light conditions.
- Real-Live Viewfinder is an advanced EVF utilizing a 3.69m-dot OLED panel with adjustable luminance up to 3000 cd/m2 for clear visibility in bright conditions. This EVF also works in conjunction with dual-stream technology for blackout-free viewing when shooting continuously and it features a high fps function, which ups the EVF's refresh rate to 120 fps for smoother, lifelike viewing.
- Like the Z9, the Z8 incorporates a unique 3.2" 2.1m-dot four-axis tilting touchscreen LCD that better supports working from high and low angles, regardless if shooting in the horizontal or vertical orientation. This screen's four-way tilting design allows for easier viewing from a variety of positions and the user interface orientation will also shift depending on how the camera is held.
- Full-size HDMI port for outputting video to an external recorder or monitor
- 3.5mm headphone and microphone ports for attaching an external microphone and for on-board audio monitoring
- Two USB-C ports: one supports file transfers and tethering and the second is dedicated to power delivery and battery charging
- USB-C communication terminal supports USB-LAN connectivity when paired with an optional USB-C to Ethernet adapter. This enables a 1000BASE-T wired LAN connection for transferring files over FTP
- 10-pin port offers wide accessories and remote connectivity
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5 GHz) permit wireless transferring of files, remote camera control via a mobile device, and works in conjunction with the NX Mobile Air app for file management
Shipping & Returns
Orders over $99.00 will receive free FedEx Ground shipping (typically 2-3 business day shipping) in the contiguous (lower- 48) United States. In stock orders placed after 1:00pm CST on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders submitted online before 1:00pm CST, Monday - Friday will be processed that same day. though, this does not guarantee that your order will ship that same day. Orders are subject to verification and sometimes require additional information from the cardholder. These precautions are made with the card holder's interests in mind. We will attempt to reach the cardholder for up to five (5) working days after the order has initially gone through our verification department. After the allowed time, and if we are not able to verify the credit cardholders information, we will cancel and refund the pending order. Orders placed after 1:00pm CST Fridays will not ship until the following Monday. The $99 order total is calculated after all rebates and bundle discounts have been applied. Gift cards, duties, and taxes do not count towards the $99 order total. Our free shipping is available for orders completed using our online cart only, items ordered in store or by phone (approved by Bedford Executive Team members only) will not qualify for free shipping.
Your satisfaction is our number one priority. purchases made online will be gladly refunded or exchanged within 14 days of purchase with the exception of special orders, opened computer software. For your peace of mind and protection, bulbs, paper, inks and film may not be returned. Returned products are required to be in brand-new condition and must include the original, undamaged manufacturer's packaging with all packaging materials, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, plastic bags and the blank warranty cards. also, please include the original receipt with the product. Any items not meeting these requirements will be subject to a minimum of a 15% restocking fee at our discretion. As a convenience to you, any eligible online purchase may be returned to any Bedford Camera & Video location but for credit for the transaction will be issued in the form of the original payment method. Shipping or freight charges are nonrefundable. We cannot overnight batteries shipped by themselves, no exceptions. This includes camera batteries, lithium-ion batteries, AAA or AA batteries of any kind.
See More Details
See More Details
Orders over $99.00 will receive free FedEx Ground shipping (typically 2-3 business day shipping) in the contiguous (lower- 48) United States. In stock orders placed after 1:00pm CST on weekdays will not ship until the next business day. Orders submitted online before 1:00pm CST, Monday - Friday will be processed that same day. though, this does not guarantee that your order will ship that same day. Orders are subject to verification and sometimes require additional information from the cardholder. These precautions are made with the card holder's interests in mind. We will attempt to reach the cardholder for up to five (5) working days after the order has initially gone through our verification department. After the allowed time, and if we are not able to verify the credit cardholders information, we will cancel and refund the pending order. Orders placed after 1:00pm CST Fridays will not ship until the following Monday.
The $99 order total is calculated after all rebates and bundle discounts have been applied. Gift cards, duties, and taxes do not count towards the $99 order total. Our free shipping is available for orders completed using our online cart only, items ordered in store or by phone (approved by Bedford Executive Team members only) will not qualify for free shipping.
Bedford Camera & Video is a Nikon Authorized dealer! All new products come with a full manufactures USA Limited warranty.
We do not sell Grey Market Products
What is Grey Market?
Products that are imported and sold by anyone other than USA Authorized dealers are considered Grey Market products. These are often genuine products that were intended for other countries; therefore, they may not meet the manufacturer's specifications for US products or perform as expected, and they are not covered by a USA manufacture warranty or eligible for a USA repair service.
What are the differences as far as a customer is concerned?
In most cases, the main difference between a "USA" and a "Grey Market," or imported product is the cost of the item and the terms of the item’s warranty coverage. The products themselves are otherwise identical. As a rule, "Grey Market" items typically cost less than their USA counterparts. "Grey market" products never qualify for manufacturer's rebate programs and can not be price matched. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-333-4280.
Prop 65 Warning: California ResidentsWARNING: Attention California Residents: This product may contain chemicals including but not limited to, lead and/or nickel, that can cause Cancer and other Reproductive Harm.For more information, please visit: www.p65warnings.ca.gov.